Previous Edition > 2022, Villasimius, Italy
SMACD 2022 Awards
The 2022 edition of SMACD has ended. In this year's edition, the first in-person after the COVID pandemic, it was fantastic to see many familiar faces and meet many more new ones.
There were many great presentations this year, and it was fascinating to see what our sponsors were doing. Once again, the EDA competition, in its 8th edition, allowed students to show a more practical side of their research. And for the first time, an inspirational Women in Circuits and Systems (WiCAS) & Young Professionals (YP) took place in SMACD and PRIME bringing forward the pressing issue of equality of opportunities.
In this 2022 edition, five awards were assigned to recognize outstanding contributions to SMACD. Congratulations to the recipients!!
- EDA Competition Winner - Johannes Bastl for the work "A Design Flow and EDA-Tool for an Automated Implementation of ASIC Configuration Interfaces."
- WiCAS Best Paper Award - Olympia Axelou for the work "Accelerating Electromigration Stress Analysis Using Low-Rank Balanced Truncation."
- YP Best Paper Award - Malek Teib for the work "Multi-harvesting smart solution for self-powered wearable objects."
- Best Paper Award Runner-up - Fabio Passos for the work "Machine Learning Approaches for Transformer Modeling."
- Best Paper Award - Nicola Femia for the work "Exploiting Saturable Inductors in SEPIC Regulators.."
"How to Learn Practical ASIC and Board Design in Just One Year,"
Prof. Eckhard Hennig, Reutlingen University, Germany
"Use the Brain and not the Fingers,"
Prof. Franco Maloberti, University of Pavia, Italy
"Spotting the gap in the design flow for superconducting electronic devices,"
Frank Feldhoff,Technische Universit ̈at Ilmenau, Germany
"Latest statistics from Google’s no cost shuttle program for open source designs with SkyWater Technologies and eFabless,"
Tim ‘mithro’ Ansell, Google, USA.
“How to turn a career path into a success: a cultural-awareness and self-discovery lesson”
- Panel discussion – June 13th: 18:05 – 19:30
- Welcome Cocktail - June 13th: 19:30 – 20:30
Elena Blockina, Professor at University College Dublin and CSO at Equal1, Ireland Dublin, Ireland
Chiara Bartolozzi, Researcher at the Italian Institute of Technology Genoa, Italy
SMACD 2022 will again hold the thrilling and dynamic EDA Competition for M.Sc. and Ph.D. students. The candidates must submit a 4-page paper, similar to regular submissions, but will present a live demo during the conference to that will be evaluated by an independent committee.
The winners will become the newest members of SMACD’s hall of fame and take the 1000$ prize sponsored by IEEE CEDA!!
SMACD 2022 was technically co-sponsored by IEEE, IEEE CASS and IEEE CEDA. The conference proceedings will be included in IEEExplore.
We have the pleasure to inform you that the top-ranked papers in both conferences, SMACD 2022 and PRIME 2022, will be invited to submit extended versions for a Special Issue of Integration, the VLSI Journal, from Elsevier.
The 2022 edition of the International Conference on Synthesis, Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Methods, and Applications to Circuit Design (SMACD) will be held in Villasimius, Sardinia, Italy. SMACD is a forum devoted to modeling, simulation, and synthesis for Analog, Mixed-signal, RF (AMS/RF), and multi-domain (nanoelectronics, biological, MEMS, optoelectronics, etc.) integrated circuits and systems. Open-source tools and methods for AMS/RF and multi-domain IC design and experiences with modeling, simulation, and synthesis techniques in diverse application areas are also welcomed. Objective technologies include CMOS, beyond CMOS, and More-than-Moore such as MEMs, power devices, sensors, passives, etc.
SMACD 2022 is Technically Co-sponsored by IEEE, IEEE CEDA and IEEE CAS. The conference proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in IEEExplore.
SMACD 2022 will be co-located with the International Conference on PhD Research in Microelectronics and Electronics (PRIME 2022), bringing together well-known researchers, institutions and companies from the IC Design and EDA communities.
18th Feb. 2022 Paper Submission Deadline 4th March 2022 Extended Paper Submission Deadline
- 15th March 2022
- Second Extended Paper Submission Deadline
1st Apr. 2022 Author Notification
- 13th Apr. 2022
- Author Notification
- 29th Apr. 2022
- Camera Ready Paper Submission
Areas of Interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Compact modeling
- Performance and behavioral modeling
- Power and thermal modeling
- Reliability and variability modeling
- Multi-domain modeling (fluidic, bio, chemical, optical, mechanical)
- EMC & analog signal integrity
- RF/microwave/mm-wave modeling
- Linear and non-linear model order reduction
- Circuit & system theory and application
- Automated model generation
Simulation, verification and test
- Behavioral simulation
- Numerical and symbolic simulation methods
- Simulation and estimation methods of variability and yield
- Analysis of reliability effects (aging, electromigration, stress...)
- High-frequency simulation techniques
- Multilevel simulation techniques
- Multi-domain simulation
- Formal and functional verification
- Functional safety
- Multilevel design methodologies
- Synthesis methods of multi-domain circuit and systems
- Physical synthesis
- High-frequency circuit and system design
- Low-power and energy-aware design techniques
- Parasitic-aware synthesis
- Variability-aware & reliability-aware design
- Performance monitors & self-healing techniques
- Test and design-for-test methods
- Optimization methods applied to circuit and system design
- Procedural design automation
Applications of modeling, simulation and synthesis in :
- Renewable systems
- Energy management
- Engineering education